Alumni associations in our fellows’ home countries represent KAAD in the local church and society. These associations organize academic seminars and offer a space of exchange to our alumni. They can also form the base for setting up social projects of different kinds.
From the viewpoint of KAAD, alumni associations also serve as institutions where new fellows receive assistance to organize their studies in Germany. At the same time they can assist returning fellows in the process of professional re-integration.
Alumni Portal Germany
Maintaining contact to our alumni is important for our work.
Thanks to the KAAD Facebook page www.facebook.com/kaad.Stipendien, both scholars and alumni from all over the world can be reached and in this way, they are kept up to date about KAAD activities, recently published publications as well as about reports and news published on the homepage. Of course, also our KAAD group on the alumni portal www.alumniportal-deutschland.org/ is still active and you are most welcome to join us there. Hundreds of former fellows from many countries are organized in this group and so, important information from (and about) our alumnus from around the world is provided. The portal does not only offer the opportunity to establish and maintain contacts between members of specific academic backgrounds, but also to take part in discussions of the German Foreign Cultural and Economic Policy.
- 19th of January 2019: KASEA Planning Meeting in Nairobi, Kenya
- 7th of February 2019: Society of KASEA (SoK) Meeting in Nairobi, Kenya
- 23rd of March 2019: KASEA Thematic Meeting in Nairobi, Kenya
- 8th of April 2019: Meeting of KASEA-Uganda in Kampala, Uganda
- 15th of April 2019: Meeting of KASEA-Tanzania in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
- 12th of May 2019: KASSA Social Day in Harare, Zimbabwe
- 23rd to 26th of May 2019: KASHA Annual Seminar in Gondar, Ethiopia
- 25th of May 2019: KASEA Thematic Meeting in Nairobi, Kenya
- 30th of May to 2nd of June 2019: KASSA Annual Seminar in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe and Livingstone, Zambia
- 31st of May to 1st of June 2019: KASWA Northern Chapter Seminar in Wa, Ghana
- 8th of June 2019: KASWA Middle Chapter Seminar in Kumasi, Ghana
- 25th to 28th of July 2019: KASEA Annual Seminar in Mombasa, Kenya
- 1st to 4th of August 2019: KASWA National Seminar in Cape Coast, Ghana
- 1st of September 2019: Meeting of KASEA-Uganda in Kampala, Uganda
- 22nd of October 2019: Society of KASEA (SoK) Meeting in Nairobi, Kenya
- 9th of November 2019: KASEA Thematic Meeting in Nairobi, Kenya
- 10th to 12th of April 2019: International KAAD Seminar in Shanghai, China (in cooperation with the “Görres Gesellschaft”)
- 26th of August 2019: AKAP Symposion on Rizal in Manila (UP College of Music)
- 24th of October 2019: Summer School in Hanoi, Vietnam (in close cooperation with the Institute for Water and River Basin Management (IWG) of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT))
- 16th of November 2019: MyanKAAD Assembly in Yangoon, Myanmar
- 22nd to 25th of November 2019: International KAAD Seminar in The Village, Ciawi/ Bogor, Indonesia (in cooperation with Kontak and KMKI)
7th to 10th of November 2019: Meeting of the Expert Groups/International Seminar in Ribeirão Preto – São Paulo, Brazil
Near and Middle East (incl. North Africa)
- 4th of January 2019: KAAD Alumni Association Palestine, Meeting of the Coordinating Group in Bethlehem, Palestine
- 16th of November 2019: KAAD Regional Workshop in Amman, Jordan
- 2nd of December 2019: KAAD Meeting of the Scholarship Holders of the Notre Dame Louaize University, Zouk Mosbeh, Lebanon
- 3rd to 6th of October 2019: International KAAD Alumni Conference in Luznica, Croatia
- 27th to 29th of November 2019: International KAAD Alumni Conference (Expert Group) in Ohrid, North Macedonia