KAAD Scholarship Programme 2
Who can apply?
Scholarship applications can be made exclusively through the Catholic University Chaplaincies (KHG or KSG) at your university location.
It is not possible to apply directly to KAAD.
You can apply for the KAAD Scholarship Programme 2 if you:
- come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America.
- are already studying in Germany and have at least 10 months of study remaining.
- would like to pursue a Master's degree (application possible in the final semesters of the Bachelor's degree), a Diplom or Magister degree (application at the earliest after the intermediate examination or Vordiplom) or a PhD at a German higher education institution.
- are of Catholic denomination (or belong to a Christian denomination, which applies especially for students from the Near and Middle East). Applicants from another religion can be supported if they are proposed by Catholic partners in view of a documentable willingness to engage in interreligious dialogue.
- have knowledge of the German language at least at a communication level.
What do we expect from you?
- an above-average performance potential for studies or research,
- orientation of studies or research towards a permanent reintegration into the respective home region (otherwise the scholarship is considered a loan),
- religious and social commitment or willingness to engage in inter-religious dialogue
- German language skills of at least level B1 (or at least A2 in the case of English-language degree programmes) for participation in our compulsory educational programme. Preparatory German courses in the home country are expected. In addition, there is the possibility to apply for a language course (full-time or during studies).
How to apply?
The selection committee meets twice a year. You can find out the exact application deadlines from your KHG/KSG.
If you are interested, please contact the responsible KHG/KSG at your university: