Scholarship applications can be made exclusively through the Catholic University Chaplaincies (KHG or KSG) at your university location.
It is not possible to apply directly to KAAD.
- come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America.
- are already studying in Germany and have at least 10 months of study remaining.
- would like to pursue a Master's degree (application possible in the final semesters of the Bachelor's degree), a Diplom or Magister degree (application at the earliest after the intermediate examination or Vordiplom) or a PhD at a German higher education institution.
- are of Catholic denomination (or belong to a Christian denomination, which applies especially for students from the Near and Middle East). Applicants from another religion can be supported if they are proposed by Catholic partners in view of a documentable willingness to engage in interreligious dialogue.
- have knowledge of the German language at least at a communication level.
- an above-average performance potential for studies or research,
- orientation of studies or research towards a permanent reintegration into the respective home region (otherwise the scholarship is considered a loan),
- religious and social commitment or willingness to engage in inter-religious dialogue
- German language skills of at least level B1 (or at least A2 in the case of English-language degree programmes) for participation in our compulsory educational programme. Preparatory German courses in the home country are expected. In addition, there is the possibility to apply for a language course (full-time or during studies).
The selection committee meets twice a year. You can find out the exact application deadlines from your KHG/KSG.
If you are interested, please contact the responsible KHG/KSG at your university: